Provide interpretation services to international clients who are receiving therapy, social and medical services. Interpretation is typically in a face-to-face setting, but there may be periodic need for phone interpretation or document translation. Interpretation services are provided on a part-time, as-needed basis, at locations in Minneapolis and St. Paul. Hours vary, but typically interpreters will work between 6 to 12 hours per week.
- Applicant must possess excellent interpreting skills.
- Fluency in Oromo, Amharic and English.
- Interpreting experience in the medical, mental health or social services areas preferred.
- Experience working in a confidential environment.
- Interested in the advancement of human rights.
- Must be able to work flexible hours between the hours of 9 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
Hourly Rate: $20-25 per hour
Submit resume and cover letter or an application. Please specify language skills and scheduling availability.
The Center for Victims of Torture
717 East River Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55455
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer